Statement on data protection for using the Hermle website
Statement on data protection
Thank you for your interest in our website www.hermle.de and in our company.
We take the protection of your personal data seriously when we collect, process and use it during your visit to our portal. We have implemented technical and organizational measures to ensure that data protection regulations are adhered to both by us and by external service providers.
We would like to take the opportunity to inform you here about the nature, scope and purpose of the collection and use of personal data that you disclose to us and about the manner in which it is processed and used.
1. Contact dataYou can contact us as follows:
Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG
Phone: +49 (0) 7426/95-0
Fax: +49 (0) 7426/95-1309
Personal data refers to information about your identity. This includes, e.g., details such as your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
2. Collection and processing of data
Generally speaking, you can visit our website without leaving personal data, for example, if you only want to find out about our products and access the relevant pages. Access to our website initiated in this way and each access to a file stored on the website is logged. This data is stored for internal system-related and statistical purposes. The following information is logged: The name of the file accessed, the date and time of access, the volume of data transferred, notification confirming successful access, the name of the web browser and requesting domain. In this case, however, no personal data is transmitted by you and this information is stored separately from any personal data that may be transmitted. The IP addresses of the requesting computers are also logged.
In specific cases, however, we need your name, address and further details to enable us to provide the services requested. This additional personal data is only collected and saved if you provide it voluntarily, for instance, as part of an inquiry, a registration, an application to become an employee or a potential supplier, or in the case of orders and their processing.
3. Purpose, use and disclosure of personal dataTo the extent that you provide us with personal data, we will only use it to answer your inquiries and to process service requests (orders and their processing, contact inquiries or similar), in relation to advertising measures directed at you, to grant you access to specific information or offers, or as part of our supplier portal for purpose of integrating potential suppliers, for the strategic development of supplier relationships, to monitor access to the supplier portal or the use of information and communication systems and within the scope of statutory requirements.
We will only record, process and use personal data that you provide on-line for the purposes communicated to you. Your personal data will only be passed to third parties or otherwise processed if this is necessary to enable the activities described here to be carried out, such as the involvement of service providers by Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG (e.g. to deliver ordered goods) or if you have given us your prior consent to such disclosure. These third parties may not use the data for any other purposes.
Naturally, we will respect your wishes if you do not wish to disclose your personal data to us in support of our customer relationships (in particular, for direct marketing or for market research purposes). We only disclose personal data about customers or suppliers if legally obliged to do so, or if required to do so by a judicial ruling, or if the disclosure is necessary in order for us to assert or protect our general terms and conditions or other agreements. This applies accordingly with regard to the storage of data.
Data will not be disclosed for commercial purposes.
Our employees and appointed service providers are obligated by us to observe discretion and to adhere to the requirements of current German data protection legislation. Access to personal data by our employees is restricted to those employees who require access to it in order to perform their respective duties.
4. Data that we collecta. Contact form
Our contact form is used to request the information about you listed therein (see https://www.hermle.de/en/contact), such as your last name, your first name, and your machining centres, etc.
We only collect and use this data in order to make contact with you in accordance with the requests you have specified on the firm or to make information material available to you.
b. Newsletter registration
When you register for our newsletter, your e-mail address is recorded used for our own advertising with your consent. To improve personal communication, you can specify additional data, although this is entirely at your discretion.
For information about your application, please refer to the next item.
d. Contact form (training)
Our contact form is used to request the information about you listed therein (see https://www.hermle.de/en/services/user-training), such as your last name, your first name, and your machining centres, etc. We only collect and use this data in order to make contact with you in accordance with the requests you have specified on the firm or to make information material available to you.
5. NewsletterWhen you register for our newsletter, your e-mail address will be used for our own advertising with your consent. You provide your consent as follows:
"[ ] I hereby agree to receive the Hermle AG newsletter and hereby acknowledge and accept the information and explanations provided in the statement on data protection [link to statement on data protection], in particular, the information outlined under the item "Newsletter". I am entitled to revoke this consent at any time with future effect"
The newsletter is distributed exclusively by us or by our appointed service providers.
You are entitled to revoke your consent to receive the newsletter by email at any time. Each newsletter contains a link that enables you to unsubscribe.
We would like to point out that receipt of and/or unsubscribing from the newsletter does not usually incur any cost other than the transmission costs in accordance with the basic tariffs. However, circumstances may arise in which the standard flat-rates that currently apply are not available (e.g. in countries outside Europe or similar).
6. ApplicationsWe look forward to receiving your application. To submit an application, you must provide us with the personal data normally included in an application, either by post or by e-mail.
In doing so, you are consenting to the processing and transmission of your data to us exclusively for the application process. The personal data provided by you will be collected, processed and used exclusively to enable us to process your application. Your data will be dealt with confidentially. Your data will only be passed to third parties with your explicit consent.
If you no longer wish to pursue your on-line application, you may withdraw it at any time in writing.
At the end of the application procedure or if you withdraw your application, the data you provided as part of the application will be deleted in accordance with the respective applicable regulations. If we are currently unable to offer you a suitable position but feel that your application may be of interest to us or to one of our companies in the future, we are happy offer you the option of keeping your application on file.
We will request your consent to this in a separate e-mail or by post. You may revoke your consent to this storage at any time, which will result in the immediate and permanent deletion of your data.
7. Disclosure of data to third parties or to a third countryWe will not pass your data to third parties unless legally required to do so. We will also not pass your data to a third country, unless you reside in a third country or if the processing of contracts requires the disclosure of your data to a third country.
8. Cookiesa) General information
c) Control after consent
In addition, you may control and/or delete cookies at your discretion if you have consented to their use. Discover how, e.g., at: AllAboutCookies.org. You can delete all the cookies stored on your computer and set most browsers to prevent the storage of cookies. However, you may then have to manually change some settings each time you visit a page, and you will have to accept that some features may be impaired. Please also consider the following letter
d) on the use of Google Analytics.
d) Legal basis
9. Google AnalyticsThis website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA ('Google').
You may opt out from data collection at any time with effect for the future by using the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
You can also prevent Google Universal Analytics from collecting data by clicking the following link Deactivate Google Analytics We would like to point out that this website uses Google Analytics with the "_anonymizeIp()" extension. This means that IP addresses are only stored in an anonymous form, so a direct personal reference in the context of the stored data is ruled out.
10. Google Tag ManagerThis website uses Google Tag Manager. This service allows website tags to be managed via an interface. Google Tool Manager only implements tags. This means: No cookies are used and no personal data is collected. Google Tool Manager replaces other tags, which in turn may collect data. However, Google Tag Manager does not access this data. If a deactivation is performed at domain or cookie level, it is retained for all tracking tags, provided that they are implemented using Google Tag Manager.
Click here to be excluded from tracking using Google Tag Manager.
You can find more information about Google Tag Manager at:
11. Your rightsIn particular, you have the right to request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of or objection to processing, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data unless collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about their details.
If the data that we have stored about you is incorrect, you may of course request that it be corrected or completed.
You may also request the deletion of your data, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. We will immediately comply with this request for deletion, but of course we are bound to observe any applicable legal storage regulations.
You may also request a restriction of the processing of your personal data as far as you are disputing the correctness of the data or the processing is unlawful but refuse the deletion of data no longer required by us but needed by you to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or needed by you in connection with an objection against processing lodged by you in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR.
If you have given us your consent to the use of data, you can revoke this at any time with effect for the future.
You also have the right to data portability. On receipt of a corresponding request from you, we will provide your data in a machine-readable format.
As far as your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object against the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR in the presence of grounds relating to your particular situation, or if you object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which we will implement without specification of a particular situation.
Please address all information inquiries and requests, deletion requests, etc. or objections to data processing to our data protection officer, using the contact details provided below. If you do not agree to our processing of data, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with our responsible supervisory authority for data protection. The supervisory authority for data protection with responsibility for us is:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection and the Freedom of Information Baden-Württemberg
PO Box 10 29 32
70025 Stuttgart, Germany
However, we would appreciate if you would consult with us beforehand so that we can clarify possible uncertainties together.
12. Data securityWe employ the latest technical measures to ensure data security, in particular, to protect your personal data when it is transmitted and to secure it against unauthorised access by third parties. These are continuously adapted in accordance with the current state of the art.
13. Changes to our data protection provisionsWe reserve the right to amend our security and data protection measures to the extent necessary due to technical developments. In these cases, we will also amend our data protection information accordingly. For this reason, please refer to the latest version of our statement on data protection.
14. Deadlines for data deletionHaving regard to data avoidance and data economy, we collect, process and use personal data only to the extent and duration required to enable use of our website, or that are prescribed by legislation.
Please refer to the section "Applications" with regard to the deletion of applicant data.
15. Automated decision-making including profilingAutomated decision-making including profiling does not take place.
16. Who to contact with questions regarding data protectionShould you have any further questions regarding the collection, processing and use of your personal data, please contact our data protection officers
Maschinenfabrik Berthold Hermle AG
Data Protection Officer